The No-Code Stack you Need to Start a Business in 2023.
The tools and resources you need to get your business off the ground – for free.
There has never been a better time to start a business. No-code tools have made the process extraordinary frictionless. Even delightful. Yes – I believe good software is a delight to use.
If you’ve been consuming my content this year, you know I am on a mission to evoke the inner creator, entrepreneur and builder out of everyone who follows me.
Below is a list of tools that I personally recommend for your tech stack when starting out. Please note that all of these tools have been used and vetted by me. I have not been paid to bring attention to any of them. I will always disclose when I am compensated for sponsorship.
A Comprehensive Suite of Free Tools to Build a Business, without Writing Code.
A complete stack of tools to get your business or brand off the ground.
Design & Prototyping:
• Figma: I can’t really recommend any other tools. This is my favorite software program on the planet. I spend a lot of my day in Figma. Designing content, ideating, prototyping, brainstorming. Use it. Learn it. Master it.
Website / Apps:
• BouncePage: Build a mobile friendly landing page in minutes.
• Super: You can also use Notion (listed below) to create a website, and Super is a fantastic tool to improve upon its design.
• Sellfy: Another lightweight tool for selling products and services,
• Shopify: The leader for building full commerce platforms.
• Teachable: Create and sell courses.
Management / Workflow:
• Notion: Provides one simple medium where you can do all of your work, from note-taking to project management. You can also use Notion to effectively build out an entire website. I mentioned Super above – but Simple.ink is another fantastic tool for this.
• Zapier: Connect all of your apps to automate your workflows. Custom integrations for a boost in productivity and efficiency.
• ChatGPT: Copywriting
• Typeform: Online quizzes, surveys and more.
• Stripe: Accept online payments in minutes.
• Loom: Record quick videos to communicate anything clearly and effortlessly. If you’re selling a course, coaching or a masterclass – this tool is for you.
Outseta - Community memberships. Monetize your SaaS product, community or website in minutes.
Airtable: Customer CRM
Note: While these tools are incredibly useful, always remember to focus on the product. Don't spend a ton of time or energy trying to find the perfect stack for your business before figuring out a great product or service.To build on this – I always recommend the MVP (minimum viable product) direction. Spend as little time and money as possible when launching your product, and get it out there. This will help validate your idea and equip you with the data required to determine next steps.
While you’re reading, I wanted to present to you 4 new Generative AI websites that I think you’ll find useful.
4 New Generative AI Tools to Know About
• Palette.fm - Colorize black and white pictures – instantly – with a click. It’s really impressive and accurate. The website is free for unlimited generations up to 500px x 500px in size – anything beyond that requires paid credits.
• Mubert – You can generate music and audio for your video content. Just enter a prompt, and describe the kind of audio you want. Alternatively, you can choose a genre or mood and it’ll generate a unique track for you.
• Podsqueeze: – If you have a podcast, you’ll love this. You’re able to auto-generate show notes, timestamps, tweets, social posts etc. for your pod episodes with one-click.
• Notedly: Scans any reading and takes notes on it instantly. Notedly was built for academia, so you can save dozens of hours when researching long papers.
If you enjoyed this post – feel free to subscribe to the newsletter and share this with a friend. My goal is to continue to bring value every week through this newsletter.
My other humble request would be to subscribe to my YouTube. Starting in a month or two – my main focus will shift from short-form content to longer-form content, would love for you to be part of that journey.
Until next time!